ATMs are pretty much everywhere on Koh Lanta outside most 7/11 stores. Banks are a different story. The only banks on Koh Lanta are in Klong Dao and Ban Saladan – if you need to change money do it here as the rates are better than the hotels.
KOH LANTA HOTELS
Medical services can be found in most areas on Koh Lanta. In Phra Ae, Siam International Clinic runs a 24 hour doctor/nurse service and also have a speedboat transfer service from Koh Lanta to mainland hospitals in case of an emergency. Dr Salarin also runs a private clinic here, although this is usually only in high season, and after 3pm only. In Ban Saladan there is a public clinic open from 8am. There’s also a clinic at Klong Khong, & Klong Nin junctions. There’s a hospital near Koh Lanta Old Town. Koh Lanta hospital has reasonable facilities, but for anything major they will send you in an ambulance to a bigger hospital either in Krabi or Phuket.
Koh Lanta hospital has a dentist service open Mon-Wed 0800-1200. There’s only one private dentist on Koh Lanta, located on Klong Dao road.
Koh Lanta has police posts in all developed areas, but its not guaranteed that they speak a lot of English. If you need to get hold of the police ask your resort to call for you and translate. If you go yourself, go to the main Koh Lanta police station in Ban Saladan.
DANGERS & ANNOYANCES
Koh Lanta is a safe and peaceful place, with nowhere near the crime rates in other more developed tourist destinations in Thailand. That said, it doesn’t hurt to be careful, and hotel safes (if available in your room) or safety deposit boxes (in reception) should be used to avoid any complications during your stay.
Theft is uncommon on Koh Lanta, but if it does happen go to the police station in Ban Saladan to make a report for your insurance.
Dont get involved in any drugs while you are here, as penalties are harsh – a large fine and possible jail term are likely.
Swimming off the west coast beaches on Koh Lanta can sometimes be dangerous in low season as the wind comes from the west and some days big waves blow onto shore.
- Fast Speedboat Transfers to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Airport, Krabi Town, Ao Nang & Phuket to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Koh Lanta to Krabi Airport, Krabi Town, Ao Nang & Phuket
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Ao Nang Hotels to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Beaches Patong, Karon, Kata to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Town to Koh Lanta
- Taxis To Koh Lanta From Krabi Airport
- Taxis To Koh Lanta from Krabi Airport
- Book Taxi Transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Ao Nang, Krabi to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Beaches to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Trang Airport to Koh Lanta
- Koh Lanta Information
- Koh Lanta – Introduction
- Koh Lanta – Accommodation
- Koh Lanta Restaurants
- How To Get To Koh Lanta
- Koh Lanta – Getting Around
- Koh Lanta Facilities
- Koh Lanta Motorbike Tours
- Koh Lanta – Places To Go
- Koh Lanta Activities
- Koh Lanta – Visa & Embassy Information
- Koh Lanta – Tsunami Warning Systems
- Chao Ley – Sea Gypsies
- Koh Lanta Area Guide – General
- Koh Lanta Beaches
- Koh Lanta Diving & Snorkeling