KOH LANTA BEACHES
KLONG DAO BEACH (HAD KLONG DAO)
Heading south from Ban Saladan, Koh Lanta, Klong Dao is about 2km south – its actually walking distance from Ban Saladan town, via Kaw Kwang beach, or by just walking down the main road, then turning right to the beach.
The beach itself is about 3km long, white and sandy. Its definitely the most developed bay on Koh Lanta and gets busy in high season. There’s a good selection of resorts and bungalows here on this Koh Lanta beach. The headlands at either end of the beach protect the bay, and Koh Lanta locals from the nearby village use the southern end to moor their longtail fishing boats
Klong Dao beach is actually one of only a few beaches on Koh Lanta that is almost completely rock free. This, combined with the clear, shallow water make it the best swimming beach on Koh Lanta – ideal for families with young children. In fact you’ll see plenty of these (mostly from Sweden) on this beach in high season.
Accommodation on the beach here is in the mid-high range, so the budget-conscious ned to look elsewhere on Koh Lanta. Klong Dao road, however, has plenty of budget options along with a wide selection of shops and amenities. The road area is only a few minutes walk from the beach.
Use the search box below to see all hotels on Klong Dao Beach.
If you don’t know your dates yet and just want to see a full list, click the checkbox ” I don’t have specific dates yet”
As with most other resort beaches, Klong Dao has plenty of beachfront restaurants, mostly owned by the resorts on the beach. All kinds of Thai food available here, as well as the popular seafood beach BBQ and some western specialties as well
Not renown for nightlife, Klong Dao beach is more of a family place. You’ll find plenty of bars here, but they are more relaxed sunset kind of places as opposed to full on parties. Sunset cocktails, family friendly fire shows etc – its a lovely beach to stroll down at night, as the resort lights make it look very pretty
KLONG DAO ROAD
Klong Dao road is about 2km long and runs close to the beach area. At the northern end it gets further away from the beach, but its never more than a few minutes walk to the sand. There are several minimarts and 7 Eleven stores. If you continue north you’ll arrive in Ban Saladan, and to the south is Long Beach.
There are some budget options on the roadside, but can be hard to find online – you really need to walk down the road and take a look down each “soi” (street) to see whats available.
FOOD & DRINK
Klong Dao road is home to some of the best Thai restaurants in the area. There are several cheap options, just look for the more basic looking places with plastic furniture, sometimes with no name. There are some more upmarket options and if you need a good coffee, there are a couple of western cafes/bakeries here too.
There are quite a few Thai & expat bars along the roadside, in high season the Marlin Rock Pub hosts some quite famous Thai bands
There are several minimarts and 7 Eleven stores on Klong Dao Road, plus pharmacies and clinics…and Koh Lanta’s main gas station
- Fast Speedboat Transfers to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Airport, Krabi Town, Ao Nang & Phuket to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Koh Lanta to Krabi Airport, Krabi Town, Ao Nang & Phuket
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Ao Nang Hotels to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Beaches Patong, Karon, Kata to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Town to Koh Lanta
- Taxis To Koh Lanta From Krabi Airport
- Taxis To Koh Lanta from Krabi Airport
- Book Taxi Transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Ao Nang, Krabi to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Beaches to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Trang Airport to Koh Lanta
- Koh Lanta Information
- Koh Lanta – Introduction
- Koh Lanta – Accommodation
- Koh Lanta Restaurants
- How To Get To Koh Lanta
- Koh Lanta – Getting Around
- Koh Lanta Facilities
- Koh Lanta Motorbike Tours
- Koh Lanta – Places To Go
- Koh Lanta Activities
- Koh Lanta – Visa & Embassy Information
- Koh Lanta – Tsunami Warning Systems
- Chao Ley – Sea Gypsies
- Koh Lanta Area Guide – General
- Koh Lanta Beaches
- Koh Lanta Diving & Snorkeling