- LONG BEACH
Heading south from Klong Dao you’ll find Long Beach, Koh Lanta – (sometimes you’ll hear it called Phra Ae Beach, or Had Phra Ae, which is the original name).
Its about 4km long and has the nicest white sand on Koh Lanta. The water – while not as shallow as Klong Dao – is not exactly deep either. There are a mixture of top quality resorts, mid range bungalows and backpacker rooms for a snip! You cant get right on the beach for this cheap in many other places on Koh Lanta.
Long Beach’s resorts, bars and restaurants are nicely spread along the beach with plenty of undeveloped space…giving the beach a very spacious feeling. You won’t find umbrellas and sun chairs cluttering the beach as in other areas of Thailand.
The land by the beach is very green with plenty of trees and open space…not full of resorts side by side.You can enjoy football and volleyball in the late afternoon – right on the beach!
Its a popular Koh Lanta beach in high season, but you can easily find spots with no-one else around at all. If you’re up for adventure on your Koh Lanta holiday, just around the rocks at the south tip (you can scramble around the rocks at low tide) is the famous and beautiful Relax Beach.
There are plenty of beach front restaurants on Long Beach – just take your pick! All resorts have restaurants on the sand, and also some independent ones. You can find Thai food, western food, fresh seafood BBQ and more.
RECOMMENDED BEACH RESTAURANT: Beachcomber – Tex Mex Cuisine
Theres plenty of nightlife here too, in fact Long Beach and the road (close by) has the best selection of nightlife on Koh Lanta. On the beach everything is so spread out that it doesnt affect your sleeping if you’re going for an early night (which is often the case on Koh Lanta).
RECOMMENDED BEACH BAR: Pangea Beach Bar – Live DJs and regular party nights
LONG BEACH / PHRA AE ROAD
The northern part of the road (close to the top of Long Beach) has most of the accommodation options, mostly in townhouse style guesthouses. These are budget options and you can get some of the best monthly rates here on Koh Lanta. There are also some budget rooms in the southern part of the road.
FOOD & DRINK
Most of the food available in the northern part of Phra Ae road comes from Thai food stalls and cheap Thai restaurants. These are the best value food options in the area. If you want pizza, tapas, Italian or gourmet Thai food, head to the southern part of the road where you will find some more upmarket restaurants.
There is a good concentration of local Thai bars, cocktail bars, sports bars and even a Kareoke bar in Phae Ae (Long Beach road south).
You’ll find a couple of medical clinics, Pharmacy and several minimarts in Phra Ae.
- Fast Speedboat Transfers to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Airport, Krabi Town, Ao Nang & Phuket to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Koh Lanta to Krabi Airport, Krabi Town, Ao Nang & Phuket
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Ao Nang Hotels to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Beaches Patong, Karon, Kata to Koh Lanta
- Book Speedboat Transfer From Phuket Town to Koh Lanta
- Taxis To Koh Lanta From Krabi Airport
- Taxis To Koh Lanta from Krabi Airport
- Book Taxi Transfer from Krabi Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Ao Nang, Krabi to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Krabi Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Airport to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Beaches to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Phuket Town to Koh Lanta
- Book Taxi Transfer from Trang Airport to Koh Lanta
- Koh Lanta Information
- Koh Lanta – Introduction
- Koh Lanta – Accommodation
- Koh Lanta Restaurants
- How To Get To Koh Lanta
- Koh Lanta – Getting Around
- Koh Lanta Facilities
- Koh Lanta Motorbike Tours
- Koh Lanta – Places To Go
- Koh Lanta Activities
- Koh Lanta – Cheap Thai Food
- Koh Lanta – Visa & Embassy Information
- Koh Lanta – Tsunami Warning Systems
- Chao Ley – Sea Gypsies
- Koh Lanta Area Guide – General
- Koh Lanta Beaches
- Koh Lanta Diving & Snorkeling